Sunday, April 8, 2018

I Bought the Farm...

I finally closed on the property that I have been trying to purchase since November - five months of waiting and waiting.  The papers in my hand are the closing documents, I drove to my Moody Girl Farm property directly from the title company.


I did say it was a fixer-upper, didn't I?

From what I've seen, I believe the house grew over the years. The original house, outlined in blue, was approximately 14'x33' and had just two rooms.  The room on the left (14'x13"+) was the only bedroom in the house, and the larger room on the right had the kitchen at one end and table/chairs and other seating.  I think it was built in the 20's or 30's.  When the city put in water and sewer service in the early 50's, an addition, outlined in green, was made to the back right corner of the house and the kitchen was moved there.  The new bathroom was built in the front right corner using part of the space where the kitchen was.  Very odd arrangement, but that's what's here now.  And then later, I don't know when, another addition, outlined in yellow, was made on the back to square off the building.  The front porch may have been added at that time.


I found the well pipe casing where they had a well, and the old outhouse is still there.  There is also a cistern.  I'll be going up to work/clean this week and will have more photos after that.  Until then, never surrender, never give up, and may all your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment