Sunday, July 10, 2016

Yum, Smells Good!
 
I have an idea for a couple new perfume scents.

I check on my tomato plants (Solanum lycopersicum) every day ("Patience" is not my middle name) and as I brush against the leaves or gently move them back inside their cages, I get a wonderful aroma wafting up to me.  And every time I think to myself  'there should be a perfume with this scent". 

The second perfume would be from basil flowers (Ocimum basilicum), a rather obvious one.  About 15 years ago I worked at a history museum and we put in a vegetable garden appropriate to the 1800s log house on the property.  We had basil plants with beautiful little flowers on the stem ends.  I would pinch them off to encourage the plant to become more bushy and rather than throw away the pretty flowers I brought them in to my office and put them in a little bowl on my desk.  The aroma from them was absolutely delicious! 

I'd call the tomato leaf perfume SolaLyco, and the basil flower perfume OciMumba.  So now I just need to find out if Channel or Hermés would be interested in developing them...

I'll have more on my tomato plants in my next post.
Until then, never give up, never surrender, and may all your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment