Tuesday, March 28, 2017

One Down, Three To Go

Good day today!


 
I transplanted the last of the corn seedlings - 12 of them - and the three black eye pea seedlings into the backyard veggie bed this morning, as per my garden plan.  One bed done, three to go. 



I should be able to complete preparing/amending the 'root veggie' bed tomorrow, direct seed carrots and radishes, and transplant the onions I already have.  The cotton seedlings will go here, too, as placeholders until it's time to start broccoli and cabbage.


And then on Thursday I'll finish clearing the rest of the Bermuda grass out of the 'fruit veggie' bed and add amendments to it also.  I won't transplant any of the peppers, cucumbers, okra, etc. until next week.  


The last bed, the tomato bed, must be built new - there's no soil or anything there yet.  Well, there are some weeds...  That'll be next week, also.

I started basil, catnip, and bitter melon seeds today.  I found the catnip seeds in the back of my seed box, they're from 2012 so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to sprout; but if they do my cats will be happy.  The basil and bitter melon are 2016.  I'll be happy when they sprout.  

This week is the first week in a month that I have Mon-Thurs off, my normal schedule.  I've had to work Wednesdays and Thursdays also for the past three weeks because of a new computer system at work.  Since I dropped the other part-time job last December I've really enjoyed having four days in a row off, so working those extra two days may be nice for my pocketbook, but I haven't had time to do much at home.

Next post should have the 'root veggie' bed all done.  Until then, never give up, never surrender, and may all your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment