Wednesday, May 9, 2018

More Before and After Photos


My visit to Moody Girl Farm this week was shorter than originally planned.  I have a sick cat at home and didn't want to leave her for the longer trip.  Mostly what I wanted to see was if my Junkman had removed the attached sheds on the north side of the building.  Here are some before and after photo.
There's a tree that fell and is leaning on the sheds.  My Junkman had to remove it before he could get to the sheds. Just below the windows on the shed you can see a TV laying on those rocks.  Those rocks are stacked around the opening to the cistern.  I measured it and it's 12 feet deep and about 8 feet in diameter at the bottom.  There's about a foot of trash on the bottom, so I'll have to get/hire someone to go down there and clean it out.  If it's still usable, I'll try to divert rain runoff from the roof down to it and use that to water my gardens. 





























This was the view out the Kitchen door.























The sheds were attached to the north side of the house and stuck out further back than the house.

Here is what I saw when I arrived Monday.

That piece of plywood on the ground near the house is covering the opening to the cistern.  That pile of stuff in the back yard is the 'burn pile'.  There's a burn ban right now so it's just going to sit there for a while.  There is no City Dump in my small town so people just pile it up and burn it.  That's country living for you!

This is my new view from the kitchen.  Much nicer!

Although my trip was just for the day, I met with another house leveler.  The first one I talked to last week gave me an estimate of $8,400, but only gives a one year warranty.  The man I talked to Monday quoted $12,800 but allows a 15-year warranty.  Not a hard choice to make. 

I will try to add a post tomorrow or Friday with photos from the trip last week.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment