Friday, June 22, 2018

Moody Girl Farm Update June 13 2018

I enjoyed my visit to Moody Girl Farm last week.  I was pleasantly surprised at the progress that had been done since my last visit. 

I liked the way the house looked when I first saw it.  I liked the tall roof and the big porch across the front.  And the room addition on the back seemed to balance it out.
 

But since I've had the back room removed, I like the shape better.
 


Once the back wall was exposed, I had an insulating water barrier put on.  By the time I go back for my next visit in a couple weeks, the exterior siding will be installed.  The siding is already primed, but I'll still need to paint it with a good exterior paint.  The existing shiplap siding also needs painting - I need to preserve what I have, even if it's not going to be the final covering.  And those metal roof panels have been re-secured.

So, I have a much smaller house now.  The bedroom hasn't changed; nor has the living room.  It's the "kitchen" area that looks different.  I painted the plywood wall that M helped me build and the wall with the funky (and broken) window, and hung the curtains.  I'm going to take out that funky window and put a piece of Plexiglas over the opening.  It'll give me more light, and now that it's summer, I probably wouldn't want it open anyway.  I can install the other window when it  begins to cool off.

I moved the dining table out at an angle from the corner so when I'm eating breakfast I'm not staring at the wall. 



With the exception of the rocking chair and the lamp next to it, all of the furnishings you see were already in the house when I bought it, even the curtain material.  When my junkman was beginning to haul off the other furnishings, I separated these items to keep.  I knew I'd need a few pieces and really lucked out here.  It's slowly becoming a comfortable little camp house.

Next I need to create some kind of actual kitchen, with a sink with running water.  That'll take a lot of 'thinking about'.  Maybe the next time I'm up there I can put something together...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Charlotte, I'm just getting caught up! What amazing news! Congratulations! I know how exciting this is for you and I'll be so interested in your progress.

    ReplyDelete