Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Garden Update April 25 2017

What a difference a few weeks makes!  Here are some recent photos of my gardens.

The tomatoes are doing great!  I have a soaker hose in this bed to make watering easier.


You can see three tiny carrots at the bottom of the photo.  I have eight radishes, seven onions, and five cotton plants here, all doing really well.


This is a mixed bed with bell peppers, cucumbers, okra, a jalepeno, dill, and loofah vines.  The small clay pots have marigolds and nasturtium seedlings that I just needed to get into pots.  I'll be out of town for a few days and needed to do something with them before I left.  I'll transplant them into the appropriate beds when I get back.  I also have ten marigold sprouts in 4-inch pots that will be repotted into larger pots when I get back


I moved a few things around in the beds in front of my house.  From Left to Right: blackberry, canna, Mexican Olive, canna, potatoes, canna, Passion vine, and in the small orange pot is a little pecan tree.  This little tree grew from a pecan that fell from the giant pecan tree in my backyard.  It's because of that big tree that I had to put my vegetable gardens in the front yard. I have all of these little trees still in pots because I hope to take them to my farmstead, once I get it.


Here are a few more little plants I had to repot.  The two brown pots at the bottom of the photo and  the two larger orange pots have avocado trees, and the white pot with the cat faces has another Mexican Olive tree.  The orange pot in the white tray at the top of the photo has Goldenrod.  I grow this for the flowers - they make wonderful 'pine trees' for model railroaders!


And, lastly, the two green flowering plants on either side of the caladiums are for attracting pollinators, I don't remember the names... The blue pot and the two pots to the right of it have more potatoes.  The two small pots with bright green leaves at the bottom of the photo are sweet potatoes. I'll put into the ground later.  And the larger orange pot at the top right corner of the photo has an avocado tree (about 24 inches tall).

That's it for now. Until next time, never give up, never surrender, and may all your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment